Two types of thinkers: which are you?
Good post from Mike Hyatt in which he splits how we approach things into “abundance” and “scarcity” thinkers:
According to Hyatt, abundance thinkers:
- They believe there is always more where that came from.
- They are happy to share their knowledge, contacts, and compassion with others.
- They default to trust and build rapport easily.
- They welcome competition, believing it makes the pie bigger and them better.
- They ask themselves, How can I give more than is expected?
- They are optimistic about the future, believing the best is yet to come.
- They think big, embracing risk.
- They are thankful and confident.
- They believe there will never be enough.
- They are stingy with their knowledge, contacts, and compassion.
- They default to suspicion and find it difficult to build rapport.
- They resent competition, believing it makes the pie smaller and them weaker.
- They ask themselves, How can I get by with less than is expected?
- They are pessimistic about the future, believing that tough times are ahead.
- They think small, avoiding risk.
- They are entitled and fearful.
I know which I prefer to be, but this helps me to think through the issue a bit.
How do you think others perceive you? Generous or stingy?