The concerns of child sponsorship
Since you are reading this, I’m assuming you know the positives.
Here are some concerns:
- Child sponsorship can undermine the role of parents.
- Child sponsorship can have the same impacts of a bad welfare system.
- Child sponsorship can inadvertently send the wrong message and yield an unhealthy relationship.
- Many of these programs are wrought with fraud.
- These programs can foster jealousy and encourage dependency.
The points are fleshed out more here.
Full disclosure: Cross International does NOT have a child sponsorship program.